Software Innovator Kentico Raises the Bar in Fast-Moving CMS Marketplace
Kentico 9 Announced at Company’s User / Partner Conference
Brno, Czech Republic, November 24, 2015 – Kentico Software, the innovator in content management systems, has just introduced the latest version of its CMS, E-commerce, and Online Marketing platform. Kentico 9 – unveiled today at the company’s Connection User and Partner Conference in Brno – features a long list of significant improvements and it’s already drawing rave reviews from early adopters.
“This is a strategic release that I’m very excited about,” said Karol Jarkovsky, Director of Product. “Kentico 9 features improvements across the board for developing and deploying websites faster, simplifying the production of personalized content for content editors, and capturing more intelligence and insights from campaigns. Companies now have the power to improve and refine their digital strategy, aligning it to the needs of their customers and creating unique user experiences.”
“Kentico 9,” added Bryan Soltis, Technical Evangelist, “is evolving along with the .NET community and is a major step forward in terms of technology and capabilities. The new release demonstrates that we’re listening to our customers, to our partners – and even to those companies that aren’t customers and partners – to see what features and capabilities they need and what obstacles remain in their way.”
Kentico 9 Features & Capabilities
- Continuous Integration - Manual deployment and publishing of changes can be slow, unreliable, and often leads to bottlenecks. Developers can be frustrated with a constant synchronization issues and moving all the changes manually from one production environment to the other. Not so with Kentico 9’s new Continuous Integration Solution. Designed to be easy to set up, reliable, and fully automated, Continuous Integration means that new changes are published more efficiently than ever before. It provides for continuous delivery, reduces the need for manual deployment, allows for better and faster detection of integration problems, and helps reduce and even prevent errors and loss of data – all resulting in reduced development costs.
- Integrated Campaign Management – Companies no longer have a problem collecting data. Rather, they’re dealing with an abundance of data. The new challenge is making sense of that data and acting upon it. That means creating, managing, and evaluating campaigns based on incoming data. With Kentico 9, you can do all of that – completely manage campaigns – from a single, unified control panel. So you can design campaigns easier and achieve your business goals faster. The new reporting engine is accessible not only for campaign management, but also for email marketing.
- ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC Support) – MVC is the fastest growing developer framework, helping companies to build better performing, more scalable websites. That’s why Kentico 9 embraces MVC to a much higher degree. “As many people know,” commented Soltis, “the .NET community is rapidly reshaping itself, and web forms is actually a waning development model. So this is absolutely the right direction for us to be going in.”
- Improved Web Farm Support – Kentico 9 is optimized for cloud deployments. Improvements such as auto-scaling support are geared at simplifying everyone’s life, automating the process so that you don’t have to worry about it. The bottom line is that the system responds to the environment as you scale up or down, minimizing the amount of administration that companies have to do in web farm scenarios.
- Modularization – With Kentico 9, it’s much easier to move code between modules, and move modules in between projects. This functionality had its beginnings in version 8, but it has been dramatically expanded in version 9. According to Soltis, “Clients and partners can use code that they have written for one particular project and move it into another project just a little bit easier. They can re-use that functionality without having to rewrite it.”
Delivering on the Promise of All-in-one CMS, E-commerce, and Online Marketing
“There are only a handful of vendors who offer customers the full range of capabilities, from CMS through E-commerce to Online Marketing” said Kentico Founder and CEO Petr Palas. “There are even fewer who can deliver on that promise. Kentico is one of those companies.”
Need More Details? Watch the Kentico 9 Video On Demand
In anticipation of the release of Kentico 9, we sat down for a brief chat with Kentico’s Director of Product, Karol Jarkovsky, and Technical Evangelist, Bryan Soltis. View that 15-minute conversation by clicking here. You can also view the new home page for Kentico 9 at www.kentico.com/kentico9.
Or Sign Up for one of our Upcoming Kentico 9 Webinars
We’ve prepared a variety of helpful webinars covering topics from “Kentico 9 Introduction” to “Kentico 9 Web Farm Support” and running from November 30th through December 15th.
Kentico is an all-in-one CMS, E-commerce, and Online Marketing platform that drives business results for companies of all sizes both on-premise or in the cloud. It gives customers and partners powerful, comprehensive tools and customer-centric solutions to create stunning websites and manage customer experiences easily in a dynamic business environment. The Kentico Web Content Management Solution‘s rich selection of out-of-the-box web parts, easy customizations, and open API quickly gets websites operational. When combined with the full set of integrated solutions, including Online Marketing, E-commerce, Online Communities, and Intranet and Collaboration, Kentico fully optimizes the digital customer experience across multiple channels.
Founded in 2004, Kentico is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner headquartered in the Czech Republic with offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, and Australia. Kentico has 1,000 digital agency partners and powers more than 25,000 websites across 100 countries. Customers include Bacardi, Twinings, Great British Chefs, Gibson, Mazda, Mighty River Power, UNICEF Australia, HMV, Sony, and Vodafone.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Posted: Thursday 28 January 2016